- 1 Croll, halved (64g)
- 1 ½ tblsp Hollandaise sauce (22.5g)
- 2 rashers back bacon (50g)
- 1 free range egg (42g)
- 1 tsp butter (5g)
- ½ tblsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Poach the egg in boiling water for 2 minutes.
- Warm the Croll in a toaster or under a grill for a minute before spreading the butter on the bottom slice.
- Layer the maple bacon, poached egg and Hollandaise sauce, finish with a sprinkle of salt and pepper and the Croll top.
To make maple bacon
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Place the bacon on a rack over a baking sheet.
- Cook for 10 minutes until starting to turn crispy, then remove and brush with maple syrup on both sides. Cook for a further 2–3 minutes.