- 1 Multigrain bagel, halved (115g)
- 1 ripe avocado (100g)
- 2 rashers back bacon (50g)
- ½ tblsp maple syrup
- Peel and destone the avocado before mashing it with a fork and seasoning.
- Slice and toast the bagel then spread the mashed avocado on the bottom slice before adding the bacon and bagel top.
To make maple bacon
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Place the bacon on a rack over a baking sheet.
- Cook for 10 minutes until starting to turn crispy, then remove and brush with maple syrup on both sides.
- Cook for a further 2–3 minutes.