- 1 Sesame seed New York Bakery bagel
- 2 tsp Pesto
- 1 tblsp Pickled red cabbage
- Crispy onions (10g)
- Chestnuts (roasted and crushed) (10g)
- Roasted butternut squash slices (50g)
- 1 tblsp Olive oil
- Spices: 1/2 tsp dried red chilli, 1 tsp sage, 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Recipe makes 1
- To make roasted butternut squash: Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4. Mix the spices with olive oil and brush over the squash. Cover tightly with tin foil in a baking tray, bake for 30 mins, then remove the foil and cook for another 10 mins.
- Slice then warm the bagel in the oven or toaster.
- Spread the pesto on the base of the bagel then add the roasted squash slices.
- Add the pickled red cabbage and sprinkle with the onions and chestnuts.
- Finish with the bagel top.
- Tip: Use vegan pesto to make this recipe suitable for vegans.